Useful information for Syrian refugees

What is Turkey’s “Temporary Protection” regulation for Syrian refugees?

“Temporary protection” is the protection status established by the “Temporary Protection Regulation” dated 22 October 2014, in accordance with Article 91 of the Foreigners and International Protection Law No. 6458. According to this regulation, the status is applied to foreigners who

•  were forced to leave their country

•  cannot return to the country that they left

•  arrived at or crossed Turkish borders en masse or individually

• will not have their international protection needs adjudicated under an individual procedure.


To whom does the Temporary Protection Regulation apply?

Syrian nationals as well as refugees and stateless persons from Syria who have arrived to Turkey en masse or individually are granted temporary protection status. Thus, the “Temporary Protection Regulation” covers not only Syrian nationals but also refugees, including Palestinians and other stateless persons coming from Syria.


What rights are granted by Temporary Protection Status?

The temporary protection regime establishes a safeguard against the return of individuals with temporary protection status to Syria against their will. This regime also grants legal residence to those registered with Turkish authorities. Finally, temporary protection status enables registered individuals to access fundamental rights & entitlements including health care services, education, social assistance and interpretation.

How can I register?

The Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) is the main body responsible for the registration of all individuals under the temporary protection regime. The DGMM is a specialized government institution with offices throughout Turkey. Their mandate is to adjudicate all procedures related to migration and international protection in the country.

However, the actual locations for registration may differ. For instance, in some provinces, the DGMM cooperates with the Foreigners’ Police branches and thus you can approach these bodies for the purpose of registration. You should consult with the local office of the DGMM to learn which registration location is nearest to you.

In some cases, particularly in provinces where there are high concentrations, you may be provided a registration appointment. We strongly recommend that you keep the appointment and finalize your registration at your earliest convenience.


What happens during registration?

During registration, authorities shall request your basic demographic details, such as your name and surname, and the date and the place of birth. If you have any form of identification document, it is important for you to present this to the competent authorities. Please be advised that this is not a requirement for registration and individuals who do not possess an ID are still entitled to register. In such cases, your statements shall suffice for the completion of the registration. During the registration, competent authorities shall also take your biometric data. All information & data shall be treated with strict confidentiality.


What happens after registration?

You shall be provided a Temporary Protection Identity Card upon the completion of the registration. This document is free of charge and shall bear  your photo and basic identity information. The ID card shall also contain your Foreigners’ ID Number starting with 99.

The Temporary Protection Identity Card is not a substitute  for  a  residence  permit or any other equivalent documents. This card also does not allow its bearers to obtain long-term residence permits and does not grant Turkish citizenship. However, the Temporary Protection Identity Card legalizes your presence in Turkey and the Foreigners’ ID number on this card is necessary to access fundamental rights and services such as health care and education. Moreover, you may enter into contracts, including service contracts for services such as telecommunications (i.e. cellular phone, internet), with your Temporary Protection Identity Card.


Why is it important to register?

Registering with the Turkish authorities first and foremost enables you to remain legally in Turkey. You will also be able to access public services granted under the temporary protection regime upon being registered. If you have arrived to Turkey irregularly or do not have a valid travel document or residence permit and if you are not able to obtain any of these, you will be required to obtain an exit permit when you leave Turkey based on resettlement or family reunification. Obtaining an exit permit under these circumstances is only possible with registration. Finally, registration is also stipulated as an obligation for those falling under the scope of the temporary protection regulation.


Does registration impose any restrictions on me?

Registration does not impose any restrictions on you. You do not have any obligation to go to a camp after being registered. However, please be informed that as a general rule, you shall be able to benefit from rights and services in provinces where you have completed your temporary protection registration.


I have an ID and it has a number starting with 98. Do I have to register again?

The ID with a number starting with 98 is officially known as a Foreigner’s ID Card. This card demonstrates that you have registered with Turkish authorities  and therefore legally reside in Turkey. However, in order to avoid any difficulty in accessing rights & entitlements, you are required to obtain a Foreigner’s ID number. You may visit the website of the DGMM at and obtain your Foreigners ID number by entering your number starting with 98.


I have lost my ID card. What should I do?

You should report to the nearest registration office. Your declaration shall  be noted and you shall be given a new ID card. You may follow the same procedure for damaged or worn-out ID cards.


Do I have to register with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?

Due to the temporary protection regime, the  United  Nations  High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) does not register and adjudicate the asylum claims of individuals under temporary protection. Thus you are not required to register with UNHCR.


I have family members who joined me. How can I register them?

Your family members can register with the competent authorities in the same manner. As registration is carried out individually, it is important for your family members to be present at the time of your registration appointment.

I am registered. Can I reunite with my family members who are still in Syria?

Individuals who have registered with competent authorities under the temporary protection regime have the right to bring a claim for family reunification. As per the Temporary Protection Regulation, these claims can only be made by a spouse, minor children or dependent children of any age. Applications for family reunification should be made to the DGMM as it  is  the  main body responsible for receiving and assessing the claim. Where necessary, the DGMM shall cooperate with other relevant institutions.


How can I register my newborn?

It is the duty of the mother, father or legal guardian of the child to register the birth of the newborn within 30 days of the birth to the Population Bureau where you are registered. It is important to present the original birth report provided by the hospital or the health center and other relevant documents in your possession. However, if you do not have any of these documents or if the birth has not taken place in a hospital or health center, you are still entitled to register your newborn.

Following your application, the Population Department shall issue a birth certificate in two copies. This certificate shall bear the identity details of the parents, the birth place and the birthdate of the child. The certificate shall also include information on the citizenship status of the child. Please demand a copy of this certificate and make sure to verify the accuracy of the information stated in the document before signing it.

Please also be informed that registering your newborn shall not directly confer Turkish citizenship to your child nor to you.


Can I become a Turkish citizen?

The Citizenship Law of Turkey recognizes the possibility of obtaining citizenship. However, five years of uninterrupted legal residency is stipulated among the requirements for applying to citizenship. Yet, Article 25 of the Temporary Protection Regulation states that Temporary Protection  ID  Cards shall only grant legal stay in Turkey and the duration of stay with these documents shall not be taken into account in the calculation of uninterrupted legal residency.


I have a special condition. What should I do?

According to the Temporary Protection Regulation, unaccompanied minors, persons with disabilities, elderly persons, pregnant women, a single mother or a single father with an accompanying child and persons who have been subjected to torture, rape or other serious psychological, physical or sexual violence are recognized as persons with special needs. The Regulation specifically states that these persons shall be given priority in accessing rights and procedures, including the right to access health care services. The Regulation further states that these persons shall be given priority in access to the camps. Thus, if you or any individual in your family have a condition matching with the above-provided list, please make sure to mention this condition during registration. In case you have failed to do so or these conditions have arisen after your registration, you may also approach the registration authorities and demand your registration status to be revised accordingly.


I am a minor and alone in Turkey. What should I do?

Unaccompanied minors are recognized as persons with special needs. All protection measures and services provided to these persons are regulated under the Child Protection Law. Unaccompanied or separated minors can be accommodated either in shelters run by the Ministry of Family and Social Policy or in camps in coordination with AFAD. According to legislation in Turkey, it is essential to uphold the best interest of the child in every procedure.


I want to go to a camp. Is there a requirement for this?

Currently, there are 25 camps- which are officially known as temporary accommodation centers- across 10 provinces in Turkey. However, these camps fall behind in meeting the current volume of demand. Thus, the final decision in admitting an individual to a camp shall be made by the Directorate General of Migration Management, working in coordination with governorates. According  to the Temporary Protection Regulation, the responsible authorities are under obligation to take your family situation and your special conditions into account while making the final decision for admissions. You may apply either to AFAD, which is responsible for the management of camps, or to governorates in these provinces for such demands.


I want to leave the camp. Is it possible?

There is no barrier to your wish to leave the camps. However, you should be aware that there is currently no rent subsidy, social housing or any other form of state-sponsored accommodation, so you shall be required to rely on your own resources for your accommodation. You should approach the camp management and communicate your decision to leave the camp. Please also be aware that you are legally required to provide the relevant authorities with your new address within 20 days of leaving the camp.


Can I get a residence permit?

If you have entered Turkey with a valid passport and in regular ways, it is possible to apply to obtain a residence permit. However, there are  certain requirements  for obtaining a residence permit. Please apply to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management office to inquire about these requirements and to apply for a residence permit.

I have a residence permit. Do I have to register under the temporary protection regime?

According to the applicable legislation, all foreigners who wish to remain in Turkey beyond the duration of a visa or a visa exemption or in any case longer  than 90 days should obtain a residence permit. If you have already obtained a residence permit, this shall allow you to legally reside in Turkey within the period of validity. Thus, if you a have valid residence permit, you are not under the obligation to register with temporary protection regime.


I have temporary protection status. Can I return to Syria?

Yes, you may voluntarily return to Syria. The Temporary Protection Regulation states that the government of Turkey may provide support for voluntary returns to Syria. However, please be informed that a voluntary departure from Turkey is considered a grounds for cessation of “temporary protection.” Thus, should you later decide to return to Turkey and re-apply for “temporary protection,” the Directorate General for Migration Management has discretion regarding this request. For information on leaving Turkey to other locations, see below information concerning exit permits.


Do I have the right to seek asylum in another country?

Persons benefiting from temporary protection in Turkey may benefit from resettlement, humanitarian admission and other forms of resettlement. These options are only available for the most vulnerable individuals and even the available places for these individuals are limited. UNHCR Turkey cooperates with Turkish authorities and other countries to facilitate this process. Please be informed that the final decision is not taken by UNHCR, but by the admitting countries.

Please also be informed that all UNHCR procedures including resettlement are free of charge. We therefore strongly advise you not to believe persons who promise resettlement in return for money or any other financial benefit. These practices are clearly fraudulent.

Another possibility for going to a third country is through family reunification. Demands for family reunification should be made directly to consular representations of these countries in Turkey. Procedures for family reunification differ. Many countries require that the family member in the  third  country initiate the process, and most of them only accept nuclear family members- e.g. spouse and children below the age of 18.

Finally, if you have a valid travel document and a valid visa, you may also travel to a third country. Being registered under temporary protection is not a barrier provided that you fulfil these requirements. However, if you do not have a valid travel document, or if you have entered Turkey through irregular channels, you shall be required to obtain an exit permit from Turkish authorities before you depart from Turkey for the purpose of resettlement, family reunification, or any other similar channel.


What is an exit permit?

According to the Temporary Protection Regulation, all persons under temporary protection are required to obtain an exit permit from the Directorate General of Migration Management should they wish to leave Turkey either permanently or on a temporary basis. All individuals who do not have a valid travel document and valid visa and who wish to travel to a third country should obtain exit permit. You may approach the Provincial Directorate for Migration Management,  together with your documents demonstrating your resettlement or other forms of resettlement, to apply for and to obtain an exit permit.


I was apprehended during my attempt to cross to another country and I am currently in detention. What are my rights?

Attempting to leave Turkey in an irregular manner is one of the grounds for deportation. You may also be detained for this reason. Applicable legislation as well as international agreements of which Turkey is a State Party require Turkish authorities to not deport persons in need of international protection. This  is known as the principle of non-refoulement and it is prohibited to send persons to any place where he/she shall be at risk of serious human rights violations.

Suriyeli mülteciler için yararlı bilgiler

Türkiye’nin Suriye’den gelen mültecilere sağladığı “geçici koruma” nedir?

“Geçici koruma”, 6458 sayılı Yabancılar ve Uluslararası Koruma Kanunu’nun 91. maddesine istinaden 22 Ekim 2014 tarihinde Resmi Gazete’de yayımlanarak yürürlüğe giren “Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliği” ile tesis edilen koruma rejimine verilen isimdir. Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliğine göre bu rejim, ülkesinden ayrılmaya zorlanmış, ayrıldığı ülkeye geri dönemeyen ve bireysel ya da kitlesel olarak Türkiye sınırlarına gelen ya da Türkiye sınırlarından geçen ve koruma başvuruları bireysel olarak değerlendirmeye alınmayan yabancılara uygulanmaktadır.


“Geçici korumadan” kimler yararlanabilir?

Suriye’den bireysel ya da kitlesel olarak gelen Suriye vatandaşları ile yine Suriye’den gelen vatansızlar ve mülteciler “geçici koruma” uygulamasından yararlanabilirler. Dolayısıyla yalnızca Suriye vatandaşları değil; aynı zamanda Suriye’den gelen ve vatansız konumunda olan kişiler ile Filistinliler de dâhil olmak üzere Suriye’den Türkiye’ye gelen mülteciler de “geçici koruma” rejimine tabidirler.


“Geçici koruma” ne sağlar?

“Geçici koruma” uygulaması öncelikle bu koruma kapsamında olan kişilerin istekleri dışında Suriye’ye geri gönderilmemelerini güvence altına almaktadır. Bu uygulama ayrıca kayıt olan kişilere Türkiye’de yasal olarak kalış hakkı sağlamaktadır. Son olarak “geçici koruma” uygulaması, kaydolan kişilerin, sağlık, eğitim, sosyal yardım ve tercümanlık gibi temel hak ve hizmetlere erişebilmelerine de olanak vermektedir.

Nasıl kayıt olabilirim?

“Geçici koruma” rejimine tabi olan kişilerin kayıt işlemlerinde yetkili kurum Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü’dür. Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü Türkiye’nin tüm illerinde faaliyet gösteren ve Türkiye’deki uluslararası koruma ve göç yönetimine ilişkin sorumlulukları bünyesinde barındıran uzman bir kuruluştur.

Ancak kaydın yapılabileceği yerler şehirden şehire değişebilmektedir. Bazı illerde kayıtlar Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü bünyesindeki Yabancılar Şubesi tarafından gerçekleştirilmektedir. Bulunduğunuz ildeki kayıt uygulamasına dair nihai bilgiyi İl Göç İdaresi Müdürlüğü’nden almanız mümkündür.

Bulunduğunuz ilde kayıt yoğunluk söz konusu ise size kayıt randevu belgesi verilebilir. Bu belgedeki randevu tarihini dikkate alarak verilen gün içinde kaydınızı tamamlayabilirsiniz.


Kayıt nasıl yapılır?

Kayıt sırasında yetkili personel size çeşitli sorular sorarak ad, soyad, doğum yılı ve doğum yeri gibi temel bilgilerinizi alacaktır. Yanınızda kimliğinize dair bir belge bulunuyorsa bunu yetkili makamlara sunmanız önemlidir. Ancak böyle bir belgenin olmaması halinde de kayıt yaptırabilmeniz mümkündür. Kimliğinize dair belgelerin yokluğunda beyan edeceğiniz bilgiler esas alınacaktır. Kayıt esnasında sizden ayrıca biyometrik verileriniz de alınacak ve vermiş olduğunuz tüm bilgi ve veriler gizli tutulacaktır.


Kayıt tamamlandıktan sonra ne olacak?

Kayıt işlemleriniz tamamlandıktan sonra adınıza bireysel olarak “Geçici Koruma Kimlik Belgesi” düzenlenecektir. Bu belge tamamen ücretsizdir. Fotoğrafınızın ve temel kimlik bilgilerinizin bulunacağı bu belgede ayrıca 99 ile başlayan yabancı kimlik numaranız da yer alacaktır.

Geçici koruma kimlik belgesi ikamet izni değildir ve ikamet izni yerine geçen belgelerle de eşdeğer sayılmaz. Bu belge aynı zamanda uzun dönem ikamet iznine geçiş hakkı tanımaz ve sahibine Türk vatandaşlığına geçiş hakkı vermez. Ancak bu belge size Türkiye’de kalış hakkı sağlar ve üzerinde bulunan yabancı kimlik numarası da sağlık ve eğitim başta olmak üzere temel ve hak hizmetlerden yararlanabilmenizde anahtar bir rol oynar. Geçici koruma kimlik belgesi ile ayrıca elektronik haberleşme dâhil olmak üzere diğer hizmetler için de abonelik sözleşmesi yapabilmeniz mümkündür.


Kayıt neden önemlidir?

Kayıt olmanız her şeyden önce Türkiye’de kalış hakkına sahip olmanızı sağlayacaktır. Kayıt sayesinde başta sağlık olmak üzere kamu hizmetlerinden yararlanabilmeniz mümkün olacaktır. Türkiye’ye düzensiz yollarla giriş yaptıysanız, seyahat belgeleriniz ya da ikamet izniniz geçerliliğini yitirdiyse ya da bunları edinmeniz mümkün değilse, yeniden yerleştirilme veya aile birleşimi yoluyla üçüncü bir ülkeye gitme aşamasında almanız gereken çıkış izni de ancak kayıtlı olmanız halinde verilecektir. Son olarak kayıt olmak Türkiye makamları tarafından bir yükümlülük olarak değerlendirilmektedir.

Kayıt olmak bana herhangi bir kısıtlama getirir mi?

Kayıt olmak size herhangi bir kısıtlama getirmemektedir. Benzer bir biçimde kayıt sonrasında geçici barınma merkezi olarak adlandırılan kamplara gitmeniz zorunlu tutulmamaktadır. Ancak “geçici koruma” kapsamında sağlanan hak ve hizmetlere kayıt olduğunuz ilde erişiminiz esas olarak kabul edilmektedir.


98 ile başlayan kimliğim var. Yeniden kayıt olmam gerekir mi?

98 numarası ile başlayan kimliğin resmi adı yabancı tanıtma kartıdır. Bu kart sizin kayıt olduğunuzu ve Türkiye’de yasal olarak ikamet ettiğinizi göstermektedir. Ancak hizmetlere erişimde herhangi bir sorun yaşamamanız için en kısa zamanda 99 ile başlayan yabancı kimlik numaranızı almanız gerekmektedir. Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü’nün internet sayfası olan adresinde yer alan bağlantı sayesinde 98 ile başlayan numaranızı girerek 99 ile başlayacak olan yabancı kimlik numaranızı almanız mümkündür.


Kimlik belgemi kaybettim. Ne yapmalıyım?

Geçici koruma kimlik belgenizi kaybettiyseniz en yakın kayıt merkezine başvurabilirsiniz. Bildiriminiz kaydedilecek ve kimlik belgeniz yenilenecektir. Benzer bir işlem yıpranan kimlik belgeleri için de yapılmaktadır.


Birleşmiş Milletler Mülteciler Yüksek Komiserliği’ne kayıt yaptırmam gerekir mi?

“Geçici koruma” uygulaması nedeniyle Birleşmiş Milletler Mülteciler Yüksek Komiserliği Türkiye Ofisi (BMMYK Türkiye), bu uygulama kapsamında bulunan kişileri kaydetmemekte ve mülteci statüsü belirleme işlemlerini yürütmemektedir. Dolayısıyla BMMYK Türkiye ofisine doğrudan kayıt olma gibi bir yükümlülüğünüz bulunmamaktadır.


Benden sonra Türkiye’ye yanıma gelen aile bireylerim var. Onları nasıl kayıt ettirebilirim?

Sizden sonra Türkiye’ye gelen aile üyeleriniz de tıpkı sizin gibi kaydolabilirler. Bunun için yetkili kayıt makamlarına başvurmanız yeterlidir. Kayıtlar bireysel olarak alındığından ötürü kayıt günü yeni kayıt olacak olan aile bireyinizin de bulunması esastır.


Kayıt oldum. Şu anda Türkiye’de olmayan aile bireylerimi yanıma getirebilir miyim?

Kaydını tamamlayarak “geçici koruma” uygulamasına dâhil olan kişiler, başka bir ülkede bulunan eşi, ergin olmayan çocuk ya da çocukları ya da ergin olup da bağımlı bir durumda olan çocukları ile Türkiye’de bir araya gelmek için aile birleşimi talebinde bulunabilirler. Başvurular Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü’ne yapılmalıdır; zira başvuruya ilişkin değerlendirmeyi yapacak ve gerektiği takdirde ilgili kurum ve kuruluşlarla işbirliğini gerçekleştirecek olan kurum Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü’dür.


Yeni doğan çocuğumun kaydını nasıl yaptırabilirim?

Doğuma ilişkin bildirimler doğum tarihinden itibaren otuz gün içinde, çocuğun annesi, babası ya da yasal vasisi tarafından ikamet yerindeki yani adrese kaydınızın bulunduğu ildeki Nüfus Dairesi’ne yapılmalıdır. Bildirim esnasında doğum belgesinin aslı başta olmak üzere talep edilen resmi belgeleri sunmanız önemlidir. Kimlik belgenizin bulunmaması ya da doğumun hastane ya da sağlık kuruluşu dışında gerçekleşmesi halinde bildirimin beyana dayalı olarak yapılması mümkündür.

Bildirimde bulunmanızın ardından iki örnek halinde doğum tutanağı düzenlenir. Bu tutanakta ebeveynlerin adları, çocuğun doğum yeri ve tarihi ve hangi devletin vatandaşı olduğu ibareleri yer alır. Tutanağın bir örneğini talep ediniz ve tutanak imza edilmeden önce yazılan bilgilerin doğruluğunu muhakkak kontrol ediniz.

Yeni doğan çocuğunuza dair yapacağınız bu kayıt doğrudan çocuğunuza ya da size Türkiye vatandaşlığı kazandırmayacaktır.


Türkiye vatandaşlığına geçebilir miyim?

Türk Vatandaşlığı Kanunu’na göre Türkiye vatandaşlığının bazı temellerle sonradan kazanılması mümkündür. Ancak başvuru koşulları arasında başvuru tarihinden geriye doğru Türkiye’de kesintisiz olarak beş yıl ikamet etme şartı bulunmaktadır. Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliği’nin 25. maddesinde ise geçici koruma kimlik belgesinin ikamet izninden sayılmayacağı ve bu belgenin süresinin ikamet izni toplamında dikkate alınmayacağı belirtilmektedir.


Özel durumum var. Ne yapmalıyım?

Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliği uyarınca refakatsiz çocuklar, engelli, yaşlı, hamile, beraberinde çocuğu olan yalnız anne ya da baba veya işkence, cinsel saldırı ya da diğer ciddi psikolojik, bedensel ya da cinsel şiddete maruz kalmış kişiler özel ihtiyaç sahibi olarak kabul edilmektedirler. Özel ihtiyaç sahiplerinin başta sağlık hizmetleri olmak üzere sağlanan hak ve hizmetlerden öncelikli olarak yararlanmaları esas kabul edilmiştir. Yine yönetmelikte bu kapsamda olduğu değerlendirilen kişilere kamplara erişimde öncelik verileceği belirtilmektedir. Dolayısıyla siz ya da ailenizden herhangi bir birey özel ihtiyaç sahibi olarak belirlenen gruplar arasında yer alıyorsa, bu durumu kayıt aşamasındayken belirtmeniz yararınıza olacaktır. Daha sonradan da ilgili kayıt makamlarına başvurarak kaydınızın özel ihtiyaç sahibi olarak düzeltilmesini talep edebilirsiniz.

18 yaşından küçüğüm. Türkiye’de tek başımayım. Yanımda ailemden kimse yok. Ne yapmalıyım?

Refakatsiz ya da ailelerinden ayrı düşmüş çocuklar özel ihtiyaç sahibi olarak değerlendirilmekte ve bu durumda olan çocuklara yönelik koruma ve hizmetler 5395 sayılı Çocuk Koruma Kanunu kapsamında sağlanmaktadır. Refakatsiz ya da ailelerinden ayrı düşmüş çocuklar Aile ve Sosyal Politikalar Bakanlığı koordinasyonunda devlete ait merkezlerde ya da AFAD işbirliği ile kamplarda ayrı alanlarda da barındırılabilirler. Türkiye’de kanunlar gereğince çocuğa dair yapılacak tüm işlemlerde çocuğun yüksek yararının gözetilmesi esastır.


Türkiye’nin Suriyeli mülteciler için kurduğu kamplardan birine girmek istiyorum. Ne yapmalıyım?

Hâlihazırda Türkiye’nin on ilinde, resmi adı geçici barınma merkezi olan yirmi beş kamp bulunmaktadır. Ancak kampların mevcut kapasitesi ihtiyacı karşılayamamaktadır. Dolayısıyla kamplara kabul edilmeye dair nihai karar valiliklerle koordinasyon halinde çalışan Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü tarafından verilmektedir. Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliği uyarınca böyle bir değerlendirme yapılırken ailevi durumunuz ve özel ihtiyaç sahibi olup olmadığınıza özel önem verilecektir. Başvurularınızı kampların bulunduğu illerdeki kampların yönetiminden sorumlu olan AFAD İl Müdürlüklerine ya da Valiliklere yapabilirsiniz.


Kamptan ayrılabilir miyim?

Kamptan ayrılmanızın önünde herhangi bir engel bulunmamaktadır. Ancak Türkiye’de koruma arayan bireyler için sosyal konut ya da kabul ve barınma merkezi gibi bir uygulama henüz bulunmadığından, kamp dışında konut desteği maalesef bulunmamaktadır. Kamptan çıkışa dair isteğinizi kamp yönetimine bildirmek suretiyle gerçekleştirmeniz mümkündür. Adres bilginiz değişeceğinden, yeni adresinizi yirmi gün içinde yetkili makamlara bildirme yükümlülüğünüz bulunmaktadır.


İkamet izni alabilir miyim?

Eğer geçerli bir pasaportla ve düzenli yollardan Türkiye’ye giriş yaptıysanız ikamet iznine başvurabilmeniz mümkündür. Ek olarak, ikamet izni alabilmeniz 6458 sayılı Yabancılar ve Uluslararası Koruma Kanunu uyarınca tesis edilen genel gereklilikleri karşılamanıza bağlıdır. Kanun çerçevesinde tanımlanan ikamet izinleri ve bu izinlerin alınmasına dair usul ve esaslarla ilgili ayrıntılı bilgi için bulunduğunuz yerdeki İl Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü’ne başvurabilirsiniz.

Türkiye’ye pasaportumla yasal yollardan girip ikamet izni almıştım. Ayrıca “geçici koruma” kaydı yaptırmam gerekir mi?

Türkiye’deki mevcut yasalara göre vizenin ya da vize muafiyetinin tanıdığı süreden ya da doksan günden fazla kalacak her yabancının ikamet izni alması zorunludur. İkamet izni, geçerli olduğu süre içinde Türkiye’de yasal olarak kalmanızı sağlayan bir izindir. Dolayısıyla geçerli bir ikamet izniniz bulunuyorsa ayrıca “geçici koruma” kaydını yaptırmanıza gerek yoktur.

“Geçici koruma” kaydımı yaptırdım. Türkiye’yi terk edebilir miyim?

Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliği’nde gönüllü olarak dönmeyi arzu edenlere kolaylık sağlanacağı ve imkânlar el verdiği ölçüde yardım sağlanabileceği belirtilmektedir. Ancak gönüllü geri dönüşün geçici korumanın bireysel olarak sona ermesine yol açan nedenler arasında olduğu unutulmamalıdır. Yeniden Türkiye’ye dönmeyi talep etmeniz halinde ise talebinize ilişkin nihai karar Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü tarafından verilecektir.


Mülteci olarak başka bir ülkeye gidebilme hakkım var mı?

Türkiye’de geçici koruma uygulamasından yararlanan kişilerin üçüncü ülkelere yeniden yerleştirme, insancıl kabul ve benzeri yollarla gidebilmeleri mümkündür. Ancak bu seçenek maalesef en hassas durumda olan mülteciler için mevcuttur ve sayı olarak da kısıtlıdır. BMMYK Türkiye Ofisi, Türkiye makamları ve üçüncü ülkelerle işbirliğinde bulunarak bu süreçte kolaylaştırıcı bir rol üstlenmektedir. Nihai kararlar BMMYK Türkiye Ofisi tarafından değil, üçüncü ülkeler tarafından alınmaktadır.

BMMYK Türkiye Ofisi aracılığıyla yürütülen yerleştirme ücretsizdir. Bu konuda yerleştirme için sizlere vaatte bulunan ve bu vaatlerin karşılığında para ya da maddi karşılık talep eden kişilere itibar etmemenizi tavsiye etmekteyiz.

Aile birleşimi yoluyla da üçüncü ülkelere gitmek mümkündür. Bu taleplerin aile bireylerinin bulunduğu ülkenin Türkiye’deki diplomatik temsilciklerine doğrudan iletilmesi gerekmektedir. Ülkelerin bu konudaki uygulamaları farklılık gösterebilmektedir. Ancak çoğu ülke aile birleşimi talebini yalnızca eş ve 18 yaşın altındaki çocukları ifade eden çekirdek aile ile sınırlı tutmakta ve ilk olarak o ülkede bulunan aile üyesinin sürecini o ülke içerisinde başlatmasını şart koşabilmektedir.

Son olarak geçerli seyahat belgeniz ve geçerli vizeniz ile de üçüncü bir ülkeye gidebilmeniz mümkündür. Türkiye’de “geçici koruma” kaydı yaptırmış olmanız buna engel değildir.

Yanınızda geçerli seyahat belgeniz bulunmuyorsa, seyahat belgeniz geçerliliğini yitirdiyse ya da Türkiye’ye düzensiz yollardan girdiyseniz üçüncü ülkeye yerleştirme ya da aile birleşimi yoluyla gitme aşamasında çıkış izni almanız gerekecektir.


Çıkış izni nedir?

Geçici Koruma Yönetmeliği uyarınca “geçici koruma” uygulamasında olan kişilerin geçici ya da kalıcı olarak üçüncü bir ülkeye çıkışı Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü’nün iznine tabidir. Geçerli seyahat belgesi ve geçerli vizesi olmayan ve üçüncü ülkeye çıkmayı arzu eden tüm geçici korunanlar bu izni almalıdır. İzin başvurusunda bulunabilmeniz için kayıtlı olmanız şarttır. Çıkış izni taleplerinizi, yeniden yerleştirme, insancıl kabul veya aile birleşimini gösteren belgelerinizle birlikte bulunduğunuz ildeki İl Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüklerine yapabilirsiniz.

Türkiye’den başka bir ülkeye gitmek üzere çıkmaya çalışırken yakalandım. Şu anda idari gözetim altındayım. Ne yapmalıyım?

Türkiye’yi düzenli olmayandan yollardan terk etmeye teşebbüs etmek hakkınızda sınır dışı kararı verilmesine ve idari gözetime alınmanıza neden olabilir. Ancak yasalar ve Türkiye’nin taraf olduğu uluslararası anlaşmalar uyarınca uluslararası koruma ihtiyacı olan kişiler ile geri gönderme yasağı kapsamında olan kişiler için bu hükmün uygulanmaması gerekmektedir.